This is a long-awaited project among biomedical scientists and medical professionals.
National Open Access Scientific Data Archive Information System (MIDAS) is created in cooperation of Vilnius University and Vilnius University Hospital Santariškių Klinikos. Project is supported by EU Structural funds.
MIDAS is designed to callect and keep different scientific data as well as any other information related to scientific researches besides to secure accessibility of data and information in digital environment. Biomedicine component of the system is special due to it‘s specific and sensitive data, methods and standarts of data collection.
MIDAS biomedical researchers using information systems have the ability to:
-create a digital research environment;
-create a multicenter databases of chronic diseases;
-create patient diseases monitoring systems;
– manage health event registration;
– collect and automatically transmit patient survey questionnaires, study and monitoring protocols, ECG and radiological images, tests and other patient files;
– perform a statistical analysis of the data directly in digital research environment;
– select and export data for statistical analysis of third-party statistical software;
– obtain and provide research data to other information systems;
– automatically depersonalize scientific data and submit them or publication and store in open access area of MIDAS.