The Project „National clinical decision support system“ has been successfully implemented
JSC „Baltijos informacinių technologijų institutas“ together with Vilnius University Hospital Santariškių Klinikos developed and implemented nationwide information system which helps physicians easier and more accurately make decisions on the patient’s diagnosis or treatment. The system can be easily integrated with other information systems and uses artificial intelligence to formulate automated diagnosis and recommendations. This system is recognized as a platform for implementing various tools and solutions, moreover, it enables a possibility to access full system functionality from anywhere.
Clinical Decision Support System tools and solutions:
- signal processing subsystem;
- age analysis system;
- data transformation system;
- expert system;
- knowledge databases.
Signal processing subsystem can process and analyze imported signal data, formulate an expected diagnosis and assess its reliability. The analysis process is able to locate and show the key signals with which the conclusions of the analysis are made:
- EEG module is designed for epilepsy and other central nervous system diseases diagnosis;
- EEG module is designed for heart disease diagnostics using electrocardiogram data.
X-ray image analysis subsystem automatically interpret received images, analyze them, formulate and expected diagnosis and show the key x-ray areas which led to this diagnosis to assist in clinical decision-making:
- pneumonia and tuberculosis detection module for pneumonia and tuberculosis risk identification;
- skeletal age module for skeletal age determination;
- spinal disease recognition module for spine deformities, identification and evaluation.
Data transformation subsystem – provides tools for 3D reconstructions of
computer tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US) and other instrumental investigations:
- provides virtualization tools such as virtual colonoscopy;
- provides tools for various automated and manual analysis.
Expert subsystem is a tool for health care professionals to share and use created by experts in their field of science and approved algorithms, diagnostics and treatment methods.
Knowledge database is a part of information system where typical cases and standart diagnostic and treatment examples are stored.